Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

actually, it was a very smart move.Brook

• 643 posts
    October 16, 2018 1:26 AM PDT

Hall of Famer Allen Iverson says the practice of resting healthy star players during the regular season reflects a new age in the NBA and would have been a big problem between him and his coach when he played. Paco Alcacer Jersey .Its different to me, said Iverson, speaking to ESPN before the broadcast of Friday nights Los Angeles Lakers-Philadelphia 76ers game. I never thought anything like that would happen. A guy like myself would compete night in and night out -- tired, hurt -- you know what I mean? It doesnt matter. But to each his own. If it helps those guys and helps their team, then so be it.The topic became a flashpoint earlier this week when LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love stayed behind in Cleveland as the?Cavaliers?traveled to Memphis for the second night of a home-and-road, back-to-back series against the Grizzlies.It would have been a big problem, said Iverson, who once gained notoriety for repeatedly asking why reporters were asking him about practice in a news conference -- to the tune of repeating practice dozens of times. It would have definitely been a big problem. We would have had it out. And hopefully I would have come out on top.Its a strategy San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich also has employed in recent seasons and something that Houston Rockets coach Mike DAntoni earlier this week called on the NBA to examine, saying it wasnt fair for fans who had spent time and money in an effort to see the rested stars play.Iverson was a headliner in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fames 10-member Class of 2016 that was inducted in September. ?He was presented with his Hall of Fame jacket by fellow Sixers legend Julius Erving at halftime of Fridays game, a 100-89 loss for Philadelphia.He addressed the fans during the Wells Fargo Center ceremony and made another reference about his approach to resting games.I would never, ever, ever sit out a game if something wasnt broke ... I knew youd want to see me, Iverson said.Iverson also earlier discussed the role of fashion in todays NBA during the ESPN interview. Iversons casual dress habits were widely regarded as the impetus for a once-enforced dress code that mandated players to wear suits in public.Listen, man. I cannot believe they changed the dress code for me -- and the stuff I see these guys walk into the arena wearing, Iverson said. Oh my god. You know what I mean? I just cant believe it. Now that I know they were picking on me. They had to be. Cause this is bad. Its bad, man. Its bad. Samuel Umtiti Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. Yerry Mina Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/Kids-Andre-Gomes-Jersey/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Kell Brook has defended trainer Dominic Ingle amid criticism of his decision to throw in the towel during his WBC and IBF middleweight title defeat by Gennady Golovkin.With Brook under intense pressure from the champions latest assault, already appearing tired and his right eye cut and swollen, Ingle ended the fight to conclude a resilient performance.The challenger was taken to hospital with a broken eye socket before being released in the early hours of Sunday morning. He is to be operated on in the coming week, before preparing for an eventual return to the ring at light-middleweight.I came back after the second round and said I cant see out of the right eye, Dominic, Brook, 30, told Sky Sports. I was talking to him, and he knows me, he saw me growing up as a kid.Hes like a father figure. It was the right decision and I can fight another day. I was getting caught, and getting caught. It could have ended up seriously bad.As much as the loss has been gutting and upsetting, Im excited and happy the fans have seen a great battle against a great fighter, a throwback fighter.Im looking forward to getting straight back in the top boys. Ive had a taste of this magnitude of fight and I want this again. Ill be back and Ill be twice as strong and twice as fast.Brook had been the significant underdog having stepped up from welterweight against one of the worlds leading and most destructive fighters. Barcelona Jerseys. Few observers believed him capable of winning, but his promoter Eddie Hearn regardless maintained fighting Golovkin was the right thing to do.Peter Nelson [executive president of American television network HBO] has already come up to me and said: We need to talk about Kell Brook, said Hearn. That was part of the plan: to broaden the brand. So actually, it was a very smart move.Brooks domestic rival Amir Khan last fought at 155lbs when losing to Mexicos Saul Alvarez in May but is expected to return at welterweight in 2017.The weight Brook gained to challenge Golovkin, combined with his previous, intense struggles to make the 147lb limit means he is likely incapable of returning there. Hearn, however, again spoke of his desire to match the two together.As a promoter there is nothing better in a build-up than two fighters who dont particularly like each other, the 37-year-old said.For now its about getting that eye socket tidied up, having some rest and hell probably be returning in the spring, summer next year. Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys China White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys ChinaWholesale Jerseys 2018 Disocunt Football Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '