Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Alex Dickerson was held out of the lineup o

• 643 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:17 AM PDT

AKRON, Ohio -- Javarion Franklin and Zach Terrell made sure one of the biggest weeks in the 100-year history of the Western Michigan football ended on a high note. Kerry Hyder Jersey .Franklin, a junior running back, rushed for a school-record 281 yards and quarterback Terrell threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more as No. 24 Western Michigan -- ranked in the Top 25 this week for the first time in school history -- shut out Akron 41-0 on Saturday.Corey Davis caught two touchdown passes to add to his career school record, finishing with eight catches for 63 yards. The Broncos (7-0, 2-0 Mid-American Conference) had 585 yards of offense.It was an incredible credit to our players, Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck said. They played possessed. They executed the game plan perfectly.Franklin, whose previous career-high rushing game was 211 yards against Idaho two seasons ago, ran for a 2-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Terrell was 21 for 31 for 207 yards.By the time the fourth quarter started, I really had no idea I had a lot of yards, Franklin said. Jamauri (Bogan) kept saying something about 200 but I thought he was lying, so Im like, `hey, whatever. I just go out there and move the chains.Western Michigan held Akron (4-3, 2-1) to 283 yards of offense and snuffed out their biggest threat in the second quarter when quarterback TraVon Chapman was intercepted by Broncos linebacker Casey Carson at the WMU 3-yard line.Chapman, subbing for injured starter Thomas Woodson for the third straight game, was 13 for 31 for 153 yards and was intercepted twice.THE TAKEAWAYWestern Michigan: The strong season continues for the Broncos. They looked efficient on most of their offensive drives and shut down the Zips. Every win makes coach P.J. Fleck more attractive to the Power Five teams expected to have coaching vacancies after the season.Akron: The Zips suffered their first MAC loss, but theyre still likely to compete for the East Division crown. That means they could see WMU again in the conference championship game.Every now and then, you just get beat, Akron coach Terry Bowden said. Tonight, we just got beat on offense and on defense. Western Michigan just took it to us, and we didnt have any answers.POLL IMPLICATIONSNot many people saw Western Michigan roll over the Zips. But the score was decisive enough for the Broncos to hold their No. 24 spot or even move up.GIVING IT UPWestern Michigan became the last FBS team in the nation to commit a turnover when Akron defensive end Daumantas Venckus recovered a Davon Tucker fumble at the Akron 14 in the second quarter. WMUs Terrell had thrown an interception deep in Akron territory in the first quarter, but a defensive holding call nullified the play. Akron intercepted Terrell for real in the fourth quarter.WORKING ON A DREAMWestern Michigan is 7-0 for the first time since 1941, when it finished the season 8-0. The Broncos havent won the conference since 1988, when they went 7-1 in the MAC and 9-3 overall. They were 1-13 in 2013 -- Flecks first season -- before going 8-5 the past two years.THATS NOT VERY NICEA motivating technique for the Akron players Saturday was a pregame burning of an oar -- designed to make light of Flecks Row the Boat mantra, which is supposed to symbolize a group of people working in unison for a common goal. Fleck, who came up with the mantra after losing an infant son shortly after birth a few years ago, didnt like it.Its not very classy, in my opinion, Fleck said after the game. Were not into revenge. I do believe in righteousness....Very simple, I think its just two different cultures.ROOT FOR THE HOME TEAMOne of the biggest cheers from the sparse crowd at InfoCision Stadium came in the second quarter when the PA announcer informed the crowd that the Cleveland Indians had taken the lead in the American League Championship Series being played about 40 miles away at Progressive Field. The Indians took a 2-0 lead over Toronto.UP NEXTWestern Michigan: The Broncos return home to play Eastern Michigan.Akron: The Zips travel to face Ball State.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy  href="http://www.cheaplionsjerseyssale.com/?tag=matt-cassel-jersey-sale" target="_blank">Matt Cassel Jersey . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Authentic Detroit Lions Jerseys . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. http://www.cheaplionsjerseyssale.com/?tag=matthew-stafford-jersey-sale ;. Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. SAN DIEGO -- A late addition to the starting lineup, Adam Rosales made the most of the opportunity.Rosales, inserted into the lineup after Matt Kemp was traded to Atlanta, homered leading off the 10th inning to give the San Diego Padres a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday night.That was definitely a huge win for us, Rosales said. The pitching was awesome. It was fun baseball today.Rosales sent a 2-2 pitch from Jumbo Diaz (0-1) over the fence in left-center field for his eighth homer of the season, and his first game-ending homer in the major leagues.It was 2-2, and I threw the fastball but the ball ran into the middle and he got me on that pitch right there, Diaz said. I feel really good. Im comfortable and making my pitches. Tomorrow is another day.Kemp was in the original lineup in right field before he was scratched shortly before the game. Rosales slotted in at third base, and a number of batters shifted up in the lineup to fill Kemps void. Kemp was in the dugout during the game, but was spotted hugging teammates and exiting to the clubhouse as the trade was finalized.The Padres later announced Kemp had been traded to the Braves in exchange for Hector Olivera.He was a huge part of our team, Rosales said. It is a game of adjustments. We have a lot of great ballplayers on this team, and we can pick up and fill in that spot the best we can.San Diego relievers Jose Dominguez, Ryan Buchter, Brandon Maurer and Brad Hand (3-2) each threw a scoreless inning.It was big, Padres manager Andy Green said. I thought all four of those guys, from Dominguez all the way through Hand, were outstanding.Christian Friedrich started for the Padres and pitched six innings while giving up one run and five hits. Quandre Diggs Jersey. Friedrich struck out two and walked one.I definitely felt better this outing. It was coming out nice. The defense was making plays behind me, everyone was. It was a good team win all around.Anthony DeSclafani allowed one run on four hits in six innings for the Reds. He walked two and struck out six.It was a well-pitched and well-defended game, Reds manager Bryan Price said. It ended up being a situation where one run was going to decide that ballgame, and it happened to be Adam Rosales who wasnt even in the lineup before the Kemp trade.The Reds got on the scoreboard first on Billy Hamiltons RBI single in the top of the third.Joey Votto singled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to 14 games.Alexi Amarista, who had three hits in the game, hit an RBI single to right in the sixth to tie it.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: Alex Dickerson was held out of the lineup one day after suffering a hip contusion. Dickerson is not expected to land on the disabled list, according to manager Andy Green. Well get him back here soon, Green said..Single-A pitcher Chris Paddack, who the Padres recently acquired from Florida, will have Tommy John surgery, the club announced.UP NEXTReds: Homer Bailey (0-0) will make his season debut after returning from having Tommy John surgery in May 2015.Padres: Paul Clemens (1-1, 4.82) will make his second start for the Padres after being claimed off waivers on July 1. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '