Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

. In every other matchup,

• 643 posts
    October 24, 2018 12:17 AM PDT

American businessman Zak Brown will become the new executive director of the McLaren Technology Group next month as the company begins its restructuring process following the departure of CEO Ron Dennis last week. Mitchell Stephens Jersey .Brown will work alongside existing COO Jonathan Neale and report to an executive committee made up of McLarens majority shareholders as they continue to search for Dennis direct replacement. Brown will start in his role on a yet-to-be-confirmed date next month, with a press release referring to his appointment as a significant part of a restructuring programme that will align the Groups commercial and strategic operations relating to achieving success in Formula One.Brown has extensive experience in the commercial side of the sport after founding and running the JMI marketing group that has been closely involved with several sponsorship deals in F1. Earlier this year he was linked to a position with F1s new investors Liberty Media, but ultimately opted to take the McLaren role.Im immensely proud to be joining McLaren Technology Group, Brown said. I have the utmost respect and admiration for what the business has achieved to date, and I look forward to contributing to the next important phase in its development.Having worked closely with McLaren for many years, Ive been struck by the talent and ambition of the entire workforce, and I very much look forward to complementing the businesss many existing strengths, and building on them to drive future success in everything we do.As founder of Just Marketing International (JMI) -- now the worlds largest motorsport marketing agency -- Ive often worked closely with McLaren as I say, and Ive developed some excellent relationships across the company. Together weve delivered some great sponsorship deals, including Johnnie Walker, GSK, Hilton, Lenovo, Chandon and NTT.Best of all, in my new role Ill be able to combine my absolute passion with my unparalleled area of expertise -- respectively motorsport and marketing -- while ensuring that the two stay totally aligned.A new title sponsor is likely to be high on Browns priority list after Dennis tried and failed to find a replacement for Vodafone over the last three years.Dennis was put on gardening leave last week after losing out in power struggle with his fellow shareholders. He retains a 25% stake in the company and a seat on the board. Vladislav Namestnikov Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Jonne Tammela Jersey . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. http://www.lightningauthority.com/authentic-alexander-volkov-lightning-jersey/ ;. -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Sure, Kyle Kalis will admit it: The Michigan guard is keeping tabs on Ohio State.In fact, Kalis is rooting for the second-ranked Buckeyes to keep winning until the third-ranked Wolverines visit the Buckeyes next month.I want them to win all the way until we play them, Kalis said Monday. I know some of the guys were wishing them to lose, which its hard not to. A little part of me was hoping theyd lose, but Im glad they won. I want them to make `The Game as meaningful as possible.Jim Harbaugh said he watched Ohio State win at No. 8 Wisconsin in overtime, but wasnt very forthcoming.I was just watching it as a fan, Harbaugh said. Two good football teams.While the Buckeyes were beating the Badgers, the Wolverines were enjoying the weekend off without a game. Michigan (6-0, 3-0 Big Ten) hosts Illinois (2-4, 1-2) on Saturday.Harbaugh was working during his teams bye weekend and, of course, found a unique way to do it. At one game in California, he announced the schools homecoming queen.It was great to be part of the activity, Harbaugh said.At another game in California, Harbaugh held the down marker on the sideline because he said they needed a guy for the chain gang .I was promised a tri-tip sandwich at halftime, Harbaugh said. And that was all I needed to hear.Kalis, an Ohio native, who committed to Ohio State before choosing to attend Michigan, has been hearing from friends back home about the annual showdown game, one of the best rivalries in sports. The Wolverines have five more games before they play Nov. 26 at Ohio State, but that isnt stopping anyone from talking about the highly anticipated matchup.This is the time of year when you start getting texts saying, `The Game is coming near, Kalis said. Especially with where were ranked and where theyre ranked, its bound to happen. Mikhail Sergachev Jersey. When we get there, its going to be a crazy atmosphere as it always is, but this year is turning out to be one to remember I feel like.Kalis insisted he has always paid the same amount of attention to Ohio State leading up to their matchup.This year, were doing so good expectations are just kind of different, he said. We just have to keep doing our job like we are and good things will happen.Michigan is going into the second half of the regular season with its highest ranking in a decade.The Wolverines were No. 3 in 2006 after losing at No. 1 Ohio State as the second-ranked team in the country. Kalis said the Wolverines have been climbing in the poll because they prepare like no one else, and have treated each game as if a championship is at stake.We want to go higher, Kalis said. The goal is to go as high as we can. We just need to continue what were doing and itll pay off.Michigan has been tested only once this season and it passed, beating Wisconsin 14-7. The Wolverines have had only had one other relatively close game, a 45-28 win over Colorado. In every other matchup, they have routed their opponent with ease.Harbaugh said playing another team his team is expected to dominate with emotionally charged games coming up -- including next week against rival at Michigan State -- isnt a concern of his as he prepares the Wolverines to play the Fighting Illini.Were just going to work and not worry, he said.---Online:College Football: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage  href="http://www.cheapsoccerjerseysoutletonline.com/">Cheap Soccer Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '