Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

down to 212 as he works his way ba

• 1097 posts
    September 12, 2018 6:46 PM PDT

DETROIT - The Minnesota Wilds hard work eventually paid off for a key victory. Kasperi Kapanen Jersey . Matt Moulsons goal at 2:15 of overtime gave the Wild a 4-3 come-from-behind win over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night. The Wild trailed 2-0 after the first period despite outplaying the Red Wings and outshooting them 12-6. "I was really impressed at the way they were able to stick with it," Minnesota coach Mike Yeo said. "Obviously, theres a tendency to get frustrated and go away from our game. But they stuck with it. Moulson tipped in a pass from defenceman Jonas Brodin — who was along the right wing boards — for Moulsons 21st goal and the game winner. "He (Brodin) showed great patience. He kind of looked over and made eye contact with me," Moulson said. "I went to the net. He couldnt have put it in a better place." The Wild lost to the Red Wings 3-2 on Saturday afternoon in St. Paul. Both teams are in the seventh playoff spot in tight races their respective conferences. Charlie Coyle had a goal and an assist and Jason Pominville and Zach Parise also scored for Minnesota. Mikko Koivu had two assists and Ilya Bryzgalov stopped 13 shots. "It was frustrating being down 2-0 and how good we were playing," Parise said. "But we thought we were doing some really good things." Gustav Nyquist scored twice to extend his goal-scoring streak to five games, and Tomas Tatar also scored for Detroit. Jimmy Howard made 21 saves. "I dont think we were skating toward the middle and putting pressure on their D," Nyquist said. "They could break out pretty fast I thought. So that was an issue, which is why we didnt get enough zone time in their zone. We werent skating good enough, I thought." Tatar tied it 3-3 with 8:17 remaining in the third with a shot from the right circle off the rush. It was his 16th goal. Coyles goal 4:33 into the third period tied the game at 2. He pushed the puck into an empty net off a goal-mouth scramble. It was Coyles ninth goal of the season and second in two games. Parise gave the Wild the lead just 1:45 later when he poked one past Howard for his 24th goal. Pominvilles power-play goal with 8:03 left in the second period put Minnesota on the scoreboard and made it 2-1. His 27th goal of the season came on a one-time slap shot from the high slot area. The goal was scored only 10 seconds after Red Wings defenceman Kyle Quincey went off for interference. Detroits Daniel Alfredsson hit the post with 8:30 left in the second period. Nyquist scored twice in the first period to give Detroit its 2-0 lead. His first goal came on the power play with 6:15 left in the opening period. He put in a rebound from the left circle. His second, and 23rd of the season, was the result of a breakaway. He made a move and slid a backhand shot past Bryzgalov. It was Nyquists seventh goal in five games. He has a NHL-leading 18 goal since Jan. 20. NOTE: Detroit C Joakim Andersson returned after missing six games with a broken foot. ... Wild G Niklas Nackstrom missed his 10th game due to an undisclosed injury. ... Detroit veteran RW Todd Bertuzzi didnt play because of the flu. ... Minnesota D Keith Ballard missed his fourth game with a lower-body injury. ... The Red Wings sent RW Teemu Pulkkinen to their AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids. Youth Maple Leafs Jerseys . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Auston Matthews Jersey . Still, Inter moved one point ahead of Parma in the race for fifth place and the final Europa League spot. Udinese remained 14th, 11 points above the relegation zone. Inter was beaten 2-1 by Atalanta at home on Sunday and has won only seven of 16 matches at the San Siro this season, as the squad seems to still be searching for its identity under new owner Erick Thohir and first-year manager Walter Mazzarri.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Only three players drafted in 1998 are still in the NFL, and two of them — Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson — meet this weekend when the Denver Broncos visit the winless Oakland Raiders.Woodson famously beat out Manning for the 1997 Heisman Trophy. A few months later, Manning was the No. 1 overall draft pick and Woodson was fourth.We both have a great deal of respect for what each other has done in this game, Woodson said Wednesday. And for both of us to still be playing 17 years later says a lot about both players and what the game means to us. Hes done some incredible things. Hes still doing incredible things in this league. ... Its fun to watch him from afar.Up close, added Woodson, not so much.Manning also praised Woodsons longevity and current level of play.Charles, to be playing as well as he is as a defensive/secondary guy is pretty impressive, Manning said. Hes making plays with his cover skills and kind of his ranging/roving skills, but I see him sticking his nose and shoulders in there and making tackles like he did when he was 23, 24 years old.The only other survivor from the class of 98 is sixth-rounder Matt Hasselbeck.Son of a gun, Woodson said. Where is Matt Hasselbeck?Backing up Andrew Luck in Indianapolis.Theres only three of us, huh? Well, you know what, its a blessing to have played this long and to be one of only three from the 98 class, Woodson said. Im proud of that.So is Manning, who nearly teamed up with Woodson in 2013. Woodson, however, choose Oakland over Denver following his departure from Green Bay.Since then, the Raiders are 4-20 and the Broncos 21-6.Still, Woodson swears he has no regrets.You cant think like that, he said. My decision was made to come back and play for the Oakland Raiders and all of my energy and focus have been on trying to make this team better and trying to help turn this organization around.Woodson said despite their 0-8 record, the Raiders remain optimistic.Were noot allowing our record to dictate how we come in and approach the game, he said. Ted Kennedy Jersey. Neither are the Broncos (6-2).What I see is how we played last week, which is not our best, tight end Jacob Tamme said of Denvers surprisingly decisive loss at New England. We take a long, hard look at it. We all know that we need to be better and thats what were focused on.The Oakland Raiders, I get tired of saying it, but the records dont matter, Tamme added. You look at their front seven on defence, theyre as good as anybody.Tight end Julius Thomas, who leads the league with 10 TD catches, said the Broncos are a resilient bunch and were not going to let one night of things not going our way set us off of what weve been working toward.The Broncos have typically bounced back from disheartening losses. They havent lost consecutive games with Manning around since his second and third games in a Broncos uniform in 2012.Can it be a good thing? Yeah, if you respond, Manning said. Youd like not to get slapped in the face to get refocused. You would like to be focused every single week. If it happens, its about trying not to repeat it, trying to improve. And thats what were trying to do. Were trying to learn from it and be better for it.The Raiders task isnt just bouncing back from one bad game but a seasons worth of blown opportunities.Woodson knows just the tonic.A signature moment, he said.A win over the heavily favoured Broncos this weekend would certainly qualify.Notes: RB Montee Ball said hes lost 12 pounds and is down to 212 as he works his way back from a strained groin thats sidelined him for a month. He said he realizes hes lost his starting job to Ronnie Hillman but vowed hell fight to win it back and the weight loss will help him hit the holes more decisively.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton  href="http://www.cheappatriotssuperbowljerseys.com/">Cheap Patriots Super Bowl JerseysCheap Steelers Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Titans Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Eagles Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Rams Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Vikings Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Saints Super Bowl Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Broncos Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings JerseysCheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys ' ' '